College Golf Consulting 101
College Golf Consulting 101 was founded for three major reasons:
- To mentor families of junior golfers throughout the world on their junior golf development as well as guiding families through the NCAA recruiting process.
- To instruct and coach junior players on becoming better players.
- To consult coaches on how to become more proficient in their chosen field.
Our organization’s main objective is to simplify the NCAA recruiting process for junior golfers as well as to simplify golf instruction.
As a junior golfer who wants to play collegiate golf, it is imperative to know the ins and outs of junior golf scheduling and the NCAA recruiting process. Knowing this valuable information will take an enormous amount of stress off of each family that is undertaking the process of selecting a U.S. college golf program. We provide the knowledge necessary for you to market your game properly to college coaches. We prepare junior golfers for their collegiate golf career. At College Golf Consulting 101 we are here to answer any questions you may have regarding junior golf development or the NCAA recruiting process. At College Golf Consulting 101 we feel eminently qualified to help our clients develop realistic expectations regarding their college selection.
Our consulting takes three different approaches:
- Working directly via the phone and online
- A more personalized approach with a 2.5 day in-home visit
- Two day visit with Coach Kelson in Knoxville, TN
There are many different pricing levels of collegiate golf consultants or advisors. At College Golf Consulting 101 we believe we can handle your needs at a fraction of the cost of our competitors.
For coaches, as well as junior players in our 101 program, our organization has developed a coaching program gleaned from the best players, teachers and coaches in the world. These mini seminars will cover all of the major components of golf instruction as well as mental training techniques. This information will in no way conflict with any coaching or instruction you are currently receiving from a top flight instructor or coach. We have no doubt players will significantly improve their game as a result of this program.
Coach Kelson believes the single biggest asset a young person can have is a strong sense of self-worth. Coach Kelson believes in tying all of the principals used in this program to one basic premise – positive self-talk. He believes this to be the key to a young man or woman’s success. These principals are a integral part of the Level 101 and Level 201 programs.
We would appreciate the opportunity to work with you.
Coach Kelson’s career is highlighted below.
- 1983 Competed in NCAA Finals University of Oklahoma
- 1983 Captured Oklahoma State Amatuer Title
- 1987 Graduated University of Alabama
- 1989 Men's Assistant Golf Coach University of Florida
- 1992 Earned Master's Degree in Sports Management University of Florida
- 1992 Head Men's Golf Coach Augusta State University
- 1993 Augusta State University Finishes 13th in NCAA Finals
- Augusta State University NCAA Finals 1993, 1995, 1997. 1998
- 1998 Head Men's Golf Coach University of Tennessee
- University of Tennessee NCAA Finals 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013
- David Skinns named to 2003 & 2005 Palmer Cup Team
- Coached 2005 SEC Champion David Skinns
- 2007 SEC Men’s Golf Championship University of Tennessee
- 2007 SEC Coach of the Year
- 2008/2009 Charlie Ford, Chris Paisley & Robin Wingardh named to Palmer Cup Team
- Coached 2013 NCAA Finals Individual Runner-up Rick Lamb
- Coached 2013 U.S. Amateur Runner-up Oliver Goss
- 2013 Chris Paisley & Garrick Porteous named to GBI Walker Cup Team
- Coached 2014 Low Amateur at The Masters Oliver Goss
- 13 All-American Selections
- Teams Consistently Ranked Among the Top 25 in the Country
- 35 Team Titles
- 32 Individual Titles
- 18 Academic All-American Awards